According to the report, U.S. condom market was valued at USD 1,366.86 million in 2016 and is expected to reach USD 1,680.22 million by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 3.5% between 2017 and 2022. A condom is a sheath-shaped obstruction device used during sexual intercourse. It is very beneficial for reducing the chances of pregnancy. It also decreases the risk of sexually transmitted infections (STIs) such as HIV/AIDS.There are different types of condoms available in the market with the variety of thickness, texture, material, size, color and taste. Condoms are highly effective to reduce the probability of pregnancy if used consistently and correctly.
According to the report, U.S. condom market was valued at USD 1,366.86 million in 2016 and is expected to reach USD 1,680.22 million by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 3.5% between 2017 and 2022.
A condom is a fine barrier usually made up of rubber or polyurethane (plastic) used to avoid sexually transmitted infections and diseases such as HIV which may lead to AIDS and Hepatics during sex. It also stops sperm transform which helps to avoid pregnancy. By using condom partners share responsibility for safer sex and contraception. There are different types of condoms available in the market such as male and female condoms with the variety of features and flavors. A male condom fits over a man’s erected penis while female condom can be put into the vagina.
Condom market is expected to witness significant growth due to the increasing awareness regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STD) and HIV.The major driving factor for condom market is benefits of the condom as contraception. As compare to other contraceptive option for pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases (STD) condom has more chances to protect the user against STIs including HIV.It is easily available, easy to use and do not possess any side effect which is expected to show a positive impact on condom market. However, some restraints like lack of awareness associated with the product may hinder the growth of this market.Condoms also decrease the risk of syphilis, herpes and wart virus infection, but sometimes part of skin not covered by the condom can get infected with these viruses. Therefore it is very important to wear a condom properly for a better result.
On the basis of gender, U.S. condom market is divided into the male and female condom. Male condom segment accounted for significant share of the U.S. market in terms of revenue in 2016 due to the awareness about its benefits.The male condom is expected to grow at a strongCAGR in coming years due to increasing awareness about the STD.
The distribution channel segment of the condom market is categorized into commercial outlets, non-commercial outlets, and non-traditional outlets. The commercial outlet was the largest segment of U.S.condommarket and accounted for a majority share of the entire market in 2016.Non-commercial outlet emerged as the second largest distribution channel in 2016.
U.S. has the highest rate of sexually transmitted infections worldwide and exceeding other regions by 50 to 100 times.This fact is going to fuel the demand for different types of condoms in this region.There are many brands of condom available in U.S. market such as Trojan Magnum, Lifestyle, Trojan her pleasure, Durex etc. According to the U.S. Census data and Simmons National Consumer Survey (NHCS) 9.53 million Americans used Trojan Magnum in 2016.
U.S.condom market is highly competitive, with the presence of well-established market participants. TTK Group, Sagami Rubber Industries, Reckitt Benckiser Group, Ansell Healthcare LLC, Graphic Armor LLC, and Church & Dwight are some of the key vendors in the market. On April 2015, IXu LLCdeveloped female condom called the VA w.o.w for orgasm. Such new product development offers novel growth opportunities for other players in this market.
List of Figures
1. Market research process
2. Market research methodology
3. U.S. condom market volume and revenue, 2016 – 2022 (Million Units) (USD Million)
4. Market attractiveness analysis by gender segment
5. Market attractiveness analysis by distribution channel segment
6. Company market share analysis
7. U.S. condom market share by gender, 2016 and 2022
8. U.S. male condom market, 2016 – 2022 (Million Units) (USD Million)
9. U.S. female condom market, 2016 – 2022 (Million Units) (USD Million)
10. U.S. condom market share by distribution channel, 2016 and 2022
11. U.S. condom market by commercial outlets, 2016 – 2022 (Million Units) (USD Million)
12. U.S. condom market by non-commercial outlets, 2016 – 2022 (Million Units) (USD Million)
13. U.S. condom market by non-traditional outlets, 2016 – 2022 (Million Units) (USD Million)
List of Tables
1. U.S. condom market snapshot, 2016 – 2023
2. Drivers of the U.S. condom market: Impact analysis
3. Restraints of the U.S. condom market: Impact analysis
4. U.S. condom market volume, by gender, 2016 – 2022 (Million Units)
5. U.S. condom market revenue, by gender, 2016 – 2022 (USD Million)
6. U.S. condom market volume, by distribution channel, 2016 – 2022 (Million Units)
7. U.S. condom market revenue, by distribution channel, 2016 –2022 (USD Million)